Everybody knows who they'd pick when it comes to Beatles vs. Stones, but there's an equally important musical question to ponder: Stuck in the ‘80s covered this a few years back, but I thought it was worth revisiting: Who’s the better band, the Bangles or the Go-Gos?
Both of these all-girl groups cranked out poppy, memorable and decidedly '80s melodies. But which one's, uh, got the beat?
Your honor, the evidence:
1. His Royal Purpleness, Prince, wrote "Manic Monday" -- that's some musical cred, right there.
2. "Hazy Shade of Winter" is an awesome '80s take on the Simon & Garfunkel classic.
3. "Walk Like an Egyptian" was based on the famous T.S. Elliot poem. OK, not really. But it was a great, goofy song.
4. Guitarist Micki Steele was in the Runaways with Joan Jett.
5. Susanna Hoffs.
1. Just try to get "We Got the Beat," "Vacation" and "Head Over Heels" out of your head.
2. They've got the stats: Two covers of Rolling Stone, compared to the Bangles' zero.
3. And the Go-Gos were ranked #76 on VH1's list of the "Greatest Women in Rock & Roll." Bangles didn't make the list.
4. They're generally considered to be less fluffy than their Bangly counterparts.
5. Belinda Carlisle.
So, what do you think?